Got questions? We are here to help
Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions page! Please check the list below of commonly sought-after information pertaining to your stay with us. If you need to communicate with us directly, go to our Contact page to get in touch with us.
Are the Sauna and Hot Tub open?
Following the State and County Guidelines, we do not have the Sauna and Hot Tub open for any guests at this time.
Is the Pool open?
The Pool is open in the summer. Dependent on State and County Guidelines, we will be opening the Pool with modifications in place beginning on May 26th, 2021.
When is the Welcome center open?
During the Soft Opening, the Welcome Center is open Friday from 3:00pm - 5:00pm and Saturday from 11am-12pm. You can call the Front Desk during these hours at 707-923-5000.
Is there wireless internet?
Wireless internet is available for purchase at the Welcome Center in 1GB increments for $10 per GB for nightly and weekly guests.
Are their meals provided?
No. The Lodge Commercial Kitchen provides meals for group events of 15 or more people only at this time. If you would like to inquire about having a group meal or special event, fill out our Event Inquiry Form.
What is your pet policy?
Heartwood is a wildlife sanctuary and is unable to accommodate visiting pets. Please honor our no pets policy by leaving your furry family members at home. If you have a service animal, please let our front desk know when you make your reservation, so we can make proper arrangements for you.
What do I bring to stay the night at Heartwood?
We recommend you bring the following items for your stay.
- Face Masks: Whether you have been vaccinated or not, we do require face masks to be worn during check in, and when you are in a shared indoor space such as the Guest Kitchen.
- Hand Sanitizer: In the interest of keeping yourself and others as safe as possible, bring hand sanitizer to regularly clean your hands if you are not able to be close to a sink to wash your hands.
- Toiletries: Bring biodegradable soaps to use in our shower and bathroom facilities. We provide toilet paper, hand soap, and paper towels, but not toiletries.
- Food: Bring all food you will need during your stay. There are two shared Guest Kitchens onsite that have refrigerators that you may store your food in.
- Hiking boots: Bring adequate, sturdy footwear.
- Versatile attire: Bring clothing for hot and dry as well as cool and damp weather.
- Flashlight and Batteries: there are lights around the property at night, but we recommend bringing a flashlight as well.
What should I expect if I am staying in lodging?
We provide towels, sheets, and blankets. Rooms will not be cleaned or refreshed during your stay.
What should I bring to Heartwood if I am camping?
Bring camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad), towel(s), and a reusable water bottle.
What not to bring to Heartwood:
Please do not bring any sage, incense, candles, camp stoves, sparklers, fireworks, pets, or guns.
Can I smoke at Heartwood?
You can smoke in the designated areas, which include the cement pads around the lodging areas, the Smoking Temple (by the Lodge), and the smoking area by the Facilities/Maintenance building.
Can I bring my bike?
The dirt roads at Heartwood can be steep and slippery. We don’t recommend you bring a bike for your stay.
Are you handicapped accessible?
The Heartwood property is steep and mostly unpaved, but we do offer handicapped accessibility to a few of our. Room #32 in the Madrone building is an ADA accessible room with a private bathroom, ADA parking is found at the Madrone building, as well. Please call the Welcome Center at 707-923-5000 and let us know how we can assist you during your visit.
What type of weather conditions are at your location?
Please come prepared for warm days and cool nights. In the winter months, we can experience snow and cold rain, so you will want to pack layers to keep yourself warm and dry (jackets, hats, gloves, waterproof boots, etc). In the summer we experience temperatures ranging from 80-100 degrees during the day and cooler temperatures at night due to the coastal breezes and fog that move in through the valley. Heartwood is steep and requires good hiking shoes. Sandals also work, but if you wish to have supported ankles, please bring your hiking boots.
I am interested in working at Heartwood. How do I apply for open positions?
Currently, we are not hiring. You can send an email to [email protected] with your name, skills, and reason you would want to work at Heartwood, if you want to be on a waiting list when positions do become available.