Pathways to Heartwood ~ Employment, Residencies and other offerings
Seeking hard working and cheerful farmers! Experience preferred but willing to train for the right fit. You will support a variety of daily farm tasks including watering, maintenance, building, planting, harvest, soil building and animal care. Experience with markets, CSA or value-added products highly desirable.
This position reports to the Farm Manager and supports day-to-day operations of the Heartwood Farm, including all gardens, orchards and animal areas on our 200-acre estate. Primary objectives are to increase food security and ecological integrity, and provide a year round supply of food, medicine and other crops to the Heartwood Lodge Kitchen and larger community.
- Supports daily farm operations including plant care, watering, bed preparation, planting, harvest, soil fertility and compost, grounds/maintenance and animal care
- Performs farm labor tasks in an efficient and effective manner
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work environment
- Assists with farmers markets and events
- Maintains highest levels of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with other team members, guests, and visitors
- Uses company resources (time/labor, tools, supplies) in efficient, cost effective manner
- Supports other departments as needed (by approval of Supervisor)
- Acknowledges and complies with current Heartwood Community Agreements and Employee Handbook policies
- Experience preferred, but will train as needed
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work safely and effectively in inclement weather
- Physically fit and capable of lifting 50 lbs
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record preferred
Full-time, hourly position. Seasonal or year round. Housing accommodations provided. Full time employees are eligible for health coverage after 90 days of employment.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
How to Apply
Please fill out the application below and attach cover letter, resume, and references in the fields provided (as well as any images of your work that you would like us to see). If you experience difficulties with this form, you can also email us directly at [email protected].