Pathways to Heartwood ~ Employment, Residencies and other offerings
Help us get the Heartwood story out into the world! We are seeking a dynamic, creative, organized individual that can craft compelling stories and visuals to engage our audience. This position will coordinate outreach, advertising and social media efforts for Heartwood Mountain Sanctuary, working in partnership with management and contractors to build a recognizable brand that honors Heartwood’s historic roots as well as new vision and goals. Excellent visual, written and communications skills required. Technical skills in photography, video, graphic design preferred. Ability to provide examples of previous successful marketing campaigns.
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the General Manager (GM) and works in collaboration with the Management Team to oversee communications and marketing efforts for Heartwood Mountain Sanctuary (HMS). Primary objectives include developing strategy, designing and implementing marketing campaigns, curating and creating original content for communication outlets and tracking analytics and trends. This position plays a leadership role in developing messaging for HMS and works closely with leadership and advisors to ensure that marketing efforts reflect the mission and objectives of the organization.
- Generally brings awesomeness and creativity to all HMS projects
- Oversees marketing efforts, including branding, advertising, social media, other promotional projects
- Works with Management Team to develop short and long term marketing strategies
- Makes recommendations for appropriate promotional venues and opportunities
- Provides oversight for creative projects, recruiting/hiring contractors and team members, assisting with meeting deadlines and budgets
- Develops and maintains year round marketing and editorial calendar to track content, objectives, timelines, submission deadlines, etc.
- Creates original content (writing/photography/video) to be utilized for social media, other outreach purposes
- Maintains daily postings on social media networks
- Tracks current events for relevant news or educational articles to include in feeds
- Prepares marketing analytics reports in narrative and spreadsheet formats, works with Management Team to understand data and trends
- Sets and achieves ongoing goals and benchmarks for social media readership
- Maintains communications with HMS audience through forums, comments, inquiries
- Works with IT/Tech team to keep HMS website updated and accurate
- Manages HMS newsletter and mailing lists
- Prepares/gathers content and publishes regular newsletters mailings
- Performs graphic design tasks as needed for fliers, event announcements
- Maintains HMS digital resource libraries
- Maintains regular email and phone communications
- Manages, tracks and catalogs online networking accounts
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with media and news outlets
- Maintains highest levels of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with other team members, guests, and visitors
- Uses company resources (labor, tools, supplies) in efficient, cost-effective manner
- Acknowledges and complies with current Heartwood Community Agreements and Employee Handbook policies
- Post-secondary degree in marketing/communications or equivalent experience
- Ability to demonstrate previous successful marketing campaigns
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills
- A strong eye for design and layout; ability to create compelling graphics
- Excellent project management skills; ability to multitask, balance responsibilities across projects and meet deadlines
- Self starter; able to work well independently and collaboratively with team
- Comfortable working in digital environment, across various platforms
- Proficiency in various office computer programs (Office, Google Drive)
- Proficiency in design and photo editing software (Adobe Creative Suite or similar)
- Working knowledge of web design languages (HTML/CSS) preferred
- This is an on-site position and not available for telecommuting
Full time, hourly position based on experience. Housing accommodations provided. Full time employees are eligible for health coverage after 90 days of employment.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
How to Apply
Please fill out the application below and attach cover letter, resume, and references in the fields provided (as well as any images of your work that you would like us to see). If you experience difficulties with this form, you can also email us directly at [email protected].